Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Aging

How do you age gracefully?

My 27th Birthday is quickly approaching and while I don't feel old, a recent magazine article about aging made me wonder how I am going to age gracefully in this day and age. This article was similar to  the what to wear in your 20s, 30s, 40s and beyond articles, but it was for cosmetic surgery and botox. There were recommendations for every decade and I was left wondering if I should be getting botox...And I'm not even 30 yet!

I couldn't finish the article. I was considering a cosmetic change that was more than just lotions and creams. I was considering "procedures" that I used to think only movie stars and the elite underwent in the attempts of clinging to the fountain of youth. Will botox and face lifts be the norm one day?

For a girl who has a hard time contemplating dying her hair when the grey takes over, going under the knife seems impossible. So that is why I pose to you, how do you age gracefully when media is telling you look old when you are 26?

No comments:

Post a Comment