Friday, March 30, 2012

...You know you love me xoxo

The Cast of Gossip Girl
Guilty pleasure confession time: I love Gossip Girl. There is something about it that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I love the feminine fashion, the irrelevant parties and galas, the glamorous New York, and of course the never ending drama. 

Blair Waldorf
The character I resonate with the most is Blair, the spoiled Eastside princess with a flair for meddling in matters that do not concern her. Blair is constantly scheming and striving her way to the top of the social ladder. At the same time she is vulnerable, lonely, and trying to learn how to leave her childish ways behind and become a lady, with little guidance. She relies on her friends and her significant other for the emotional support that should come from her family. 

There are many reasons why I am drawn to Blair and I could write a complex, introspective blog on why I laugh and cry with her. But I'm not going going to. I just wanted to share so that next time you sit down to watch your guilty pleasure television show you will know you are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment